stop nursing reasons? legit or just selfish?

What do you think about a mother stopping nursing at 4 months because she wants to be able to work out, go out and drink and go out whenever she would like to but cant because shes held back from nursing? The baby doesnt want to stop, its just the mother deciding so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that since it's her breasts and her milk, that choice is on her. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• it's the mothers decision whether she wants to nurse or not and if she wants to stop for ANY reason it's her decision and no one else's business. you wanna nurse? fine, go nurse and stay out of other women's shirts and live your own life!!
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• im not asking about someone specific im asking ingeneral. I just think that sacrificing your child getting the best nutrition because you want to be able to go out is not a good reason.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• her choice, not mine.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 10:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I make a habit out of not judging other people. None of us are perfect. My son was on formula for a long time and did just fine.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 10:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• well, 4 months is better than 0 months!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• ok change of question. do you think its selfish to want to get drunk instead of nursing your child?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's her body, her baby and her life. I think she should be commended for making choices that were in the best interest of her baby. And doing what she believes is necessary for her own well-being is also in the best interest of the baby. Happy mommy - happy baby. Sometimes people make different decisions for different reasons. I BFed both children for 2 years each - but I will not judge anyone who makes a different choice. I think it's better than continuing to BF and be resentful and unhappy.
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 10:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Personally I think it is very selfish I did all that and breast fed. I pumped the milk and tossed it when I went out for drinks and pumped and saved so my DD could go stay at her Grandmas house. It is none of my business though but yes if I was asked (as I was) I do think it is selfish.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i stopped breastfeeding when both my children were only 2 months because i had to go back to work and didn't have the time to continue. today both my kids are smart and healthy. i agree its her breast and she can do whatever she wants. no one should make her feel less of a mom. that's what formula is for.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011