What are your Fightin' words?

I was telling my wonderful DH today that I felt like he made decisions that affected the whole family without talking to me and it was irritating me because I wanted to feel like my opinion mattered too. (Not a huge deal but something that he does occasionally that irritates the hell out of me) he said:
"I don't think it's that big of a deal."

My first thought: Ahh hell no. What?

What does your spouse say that is sure to trigger an argument?

ajbrownies

Asked by ajbrownies at 10:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• If my dh calls me "woman" or says something along the lines of " now, you listen here..." The crap is gonna hit the fan.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 10:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If I try and tell him about something that is bothering me, and the first thing to come out of his mouth is "well, you wanna know what's bothering me?" then i know he's about to try and start something.. Now I can stay calm, but before, it sent me through the roof... Im thinking "fuck no! Im trying to talk to you about THIS issue.. Not the one you have been saving to throw in my face for a while now!" ugh..
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• my wonderful husband always thinks WHAT HE SAYS GOES...i cant stand that...im sorry but thats not how marriages go...it makes me so mad and thats what usually what causes our big fights
    opalmama04

Answer by opalmama04 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My fiance and I don't really have 'fightin' words' but sometimes he'll just say something that crosses the line. For example, last night a friend at him were at the kitchen table playing a game, and I come in and he starts bashing my abilities to cook, simply because I didn't want to make biscuits at 12 at night. He kept going and going until I snapped at him. He ended up apologizing to me later.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Wow. I know how you feel...Every single time I tell my dh how I feel about something he either tells me I am exaggerating or he tells me about his feelings and gets mad at me. I can't recall the last time he actually listened to me. He will pester me by saying "tell me what is wrong" and although I think it is important to share feelings and thoughts, I avoid it like the plague with him. Because I know that in the end my feelings will not matter and he will twist it around to where I am asking him how he feels and apologizing to him. It really leaves me feeling lonely. Last time he asked me how I felt and I told him I felt lonely, he said that it was my fault and if I stopped being so selfish that I would see that I don't really feel lonely at all. I was thinking "what the hell?" I have told him he does this repeatedly and he throughly ignores me. Ugh!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2011