Do you attend church with your spouse? Has it helped in your marriage if you do?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. We go every week. I think it helps.We both has a very strong religious belief. I feel like it helps our kids too. They get to socialize and learn they both know about Jesus and recognize his picture. I think it's important to have a similar religious background because religion is such a personal subject and if you don't share similar beliefs that's just one more thing that can cause emotional distance. People make it work though. For me though, I am glad that we have that in common. It's actually formed a foundation we've built our entire marriage on from movie choices to the way we fight. We both know that we are in this for the long haul and that our goal is to be together as a family forever, that helps us put a lot of our problems in perspective and focus on the things that are really important.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 10:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think whether or not it would help a marriage depends on what that church teaches and you believe about marriage.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes, we do, and yes, I think it's helped our marraige. Not only to strengthen our faith but because any positive thing we do together helps our relationship.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Nope...we don't do church.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes, every week and I do think it has strengthened our relationship.

Answer by missanc at 1:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Absolutely not. Our relationship is strengthened by the fact that we have faith in our own good will to succeed, rather than needing the blessing of the church to maintain a healthy relationship. Those who seek religious validation are on the verge of collapse already.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• he's not a church guy. kids and i use to go awhile back.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 4:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• no
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• When you put God first in a marriage, it can really help a relationship. A man of God is a great leader in the home, and a woman of God is a great helpmate. That is why God made Eve, she was giving Adam a help mate. It is important to be in the house of God in a marriage so your husband can be a righteous leader, and lead the woman. The Bible says that the man will be held accountable for his decisions in the entiritey of his household. He should love and cherish her as he would his OWN Body, for no man hateh his own skin, and a woman to be obedient to her own husband. That doesnt mean shes a doormat!! Her opinion should be cherished for she is a HELPMATE. but the final decision lays with him,a nd if he is living for GOD, he will make right decisions.
    toughmom638

Answer by toughmom638 at 1:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2011