Do you?

Do you spite people who "can" have the things that are your "have nots"? I see a lot of this happening and I just wonder why. If someone says "Yeah I got a new car!" people can't just say "Oh congrats!" it's MUST BE NICE I CAN'T AFFORD A NEW CAR!! Why is it that persons fault you can't afford a new car?

A lot of people work very hard for the things they have, sorry you don't have them right now but one day you might be the person people are screaming "MUST BE NICE!" at, then how would you feel? Nobody owes you anything, if you want it you have to work for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• lol..i am one of those people that says "hmm must be nice" but i dont say it in a mean way..and i dont mean it to be rude..and the people i say it to, know that i dont mean anything by it..like, for instance, my brother bought himself an iphone the end of november..and i said "hmmm must be nice" and he said "yaa it is" and i said " well thats ok i love my 3yr old piece of crap phone" LOL but yet if i was talking to a stranger or a customer at work, or someone i work with..i would NEVER say something like that, cuz i dont want them to think im being bitchy...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think those are two separate thoughts. Congrats and then the brain starts thinking, dang I can't afford a new car. Kinda like someone tells you their pregnant and you say congrats and then you might think, oh my SIL is pregnant too. Or something like that. it's just the way our brain works we connect things and find ways to relate to what is being said.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No, although it might give me the itch for something new. For example, my dad just got a brand new CR-V. I went to lunch with him and that new car smell got me thinking that maybe it was time to upgrade to a new Odyssey. That new car smell is addictive.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• No. Money never made anyone truly happy or healthy

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Typically I could not care less. Especially if it's someone who is just trying to rub it in that they have a new toy, which is what I think of the burning desire to rush out and get a new car anyway. We actually know people who that. They shove in our faces all the time all their new stuff and we just say that's nice, have fun with it. We're grateful to have who and what we do.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 29, 2011