SAHM

are you a SAHM? your choice or the dh/so?

sandjmom99

Asked by sandjmom99 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, both our choice. I am going to go to school online while my kids are little and start working once they start school. I just think kids need to be with a parent when they are small. I know what she is learning and I can socialize her with children who are being raised in a similar way. When kids are in day care you have no idea what they are being exposed to or how they are being treated when you aren't around. My friends have told me horror stories about daycares!! I understand when there is no choice you do what you have to do.. but we had the choice and chose to keep our kids at home with me : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes..both..I wouldn't have raising my kid(s) any other way..although some days I question my sanity LOL
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes i am a S@HM and its my choice , i think its important to be with ur childern when they are small (if u can) I went to school and got certified for dental assistant and dental xray tech. but im not going to put it to use till my youngest enters elementry school. as for my husband im sure he likes me to stay home cuz i can do all teh eerand (pay the bills ect) and clean the house have dinner ready. And we both know the childern are safe and happy. I plan on working at least part time when both my childern are in school and as they get older maybe go into full time
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was until a few months ago, we hit a rough spot so i had to get a job. i would so love to go back and be a SAHM again...i loved it. i had more time with the kids. my dh wants me to be a SAHM as well, but reality won't let me :(
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes I'm a no sick days, vacations, bonus's, 401K, days off, or paycheck, sahm!! I should really be a job recruiter, don't you think? lol. Anyway, I've done the single parent work thing, the you and s/o work thing, and the both parents work thing. But I've been a sahm for about 4-5 yrs now. When hubby wasn't making much money and we were stressed about bills, then it was "my" decision to be a sahm (according to him anyway). Now that he's got a good job though, it's "our" decision. With 4 kids I'd be working to give my entire check to someone else to raise my kids, while I busted butt for nothing, and then come home and take care of them and the house, and everything else. On one hand, its nice to be at home and watch my kids grow, and do all those wonderful things that they do when they are little. On the other hand it would be nice to contribute, get more respect from dh, and have some of my own money.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was a SAHM for about two years....my choice, and boy, did I pay for it (both financially, and emotionally)......I work P/T now, and feel that I am contributing all around now.....
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I am a SAHM and it was both of our choice. i wanted to be with my children and he thought it was a better choice money wise.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yes right now i am, it's our decision together. we can afford it and i am looking for a job but i just got out of college and this is working for us right now
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I've been a SAHM for almost 11 years now and it was a decision we both made before we even had kids (I quit my job when I was pregnant with our first).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes I am and we both decided it would be best for us. The kids are only little for such a short time and I don't wanna miss any of those precious days. We plan to have 1 or 2 more kids and I will go back to work once they are all in school. At least part time.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2011