how do you get your kids to eat their veggies?

hmm?

chelsealynn101

Asked by chelsealynn101 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• u can try cuttin it up in tiny pieces mixing it, or makeing a face with it differnt colors adding cheese to it ect . and dont give up on it. my oldest went touch anything green i would put broccoli in her macncheese and she would pick everytiny ppiece of green out , i just kept giving it to her every night and about the 8th time she picked it up and ate it , ( i was in shock but didnt say anything) and now she loves it. U can also offer like ranch hummis or katsup thats another trick get string beans tell them they are green french fries and some katsup and let them go at it
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I keep offering them in different ways. Here are the latest favorites: Pickled beets (no joke), sweet corn, canned carrots (must be Del Monte). the V8 Frusion juice. He'll also eat just about every other canned, but the corn and carrots are his favs; He likes to eat raw veggies (lettuce, spinach, carrots, pea pods), but he spits them out after he chews them for a bit.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My son will eat anything he can dip - in ranch, ketchup, honey mustard, etc. And make sure they see you eating, and enjoying, your veggies! Also, if the only things you're offering are healthy foods, it doesn't really matter which ones he chooses.

Answer by missanc at 8:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I give them to her still frozen in a bowl with a spoon and she loves them that way. I know it sounds weird but my 20 month old wont eat them cooked.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 10:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Spinach or broccoli goes in his scrambled eggs (he loves those green eggs!). Raw carrots or beets goes in muffins and pancakes. Sweet potato hides well in his smoothies.
    Homemade vegetable cheese soup is actually something he'll eat. And the occasional sweet potato fry.
    Yup, I have to hide the veggies. I still offer real, straight-up veggies, but he just pokes at them.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i offer only the "good" food first. if she doesnt eat it, then she isnt eating anything else like snacks etc. shell eat it if shes hungry. but i really dont have aproblem with her not eating, shes a piggy and loves any food
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011