How much debt do you have in credit cards?

Not including house or car, how much debt do you and your SO have in JUST credit cards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• We only have store specific cards, like Home Depot, Staples, Lowes, etc. We have about $3000 in debt.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have a no interest balance on Mattress Giant of about 5K. We had a house fire in Oct 2007 and had to buy all new mattresses. We put the cash into the house and decided to take advantage of no interest financing.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My boyfriend has about $3000, but I don't have any. I got into trouble with some credit cards when I was younger, so I made sure to pay them off and cancel them because I don't want to have to live in debt : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Zero.
    Anonymous

• none.
    Anonymous

• Zip... I have only ever had 1 Credit Card and it had a $300 limit... Then my ex figured out that if you use the card with in 30 mins of your last purchase your last purchase won't be on there yet and you can keep spending over the limit... in a matter of hours he charged my card up to $2000... Then stoll the bills so I didn't know. Since I kept the card in a box in the closet just for emergencies I never even knew it was gone... I ended up paying almost $10000 in fees when it was all done... And NOW my credit is so bad I can't get another card... I got another man though! A real one this time!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• 1200
    Anonymous

• both cards about $21,000 hard times have hit and when you can't buy gas, groceries, clothes you have to do something
    Anonymous

• We have awesome credit our credit lines are $20,000 on each
    Anonymous

• I got my first and only credit card last year to pay for car insurance, paid the card off with tax return the beginning of this year, and have used it for emergencies, I have racked up this year 700 dollars when my husband had an emergency dental surgery and make my monthly payments w/o problem, will pay it off again with tax return :-) As for car, ours will be paid off come May 09', and I will be so relieved, and we don't own but rent our house.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 7:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2008