Candle Company questions

I've been looking on the websites of some candles companies and most of them don't show you what kind of profit you could earn or how much it costs to get started. So my questions are....if you are with a candle company, what is your compensation plan like? How much are your start up fees? Do you have to buy a starter package of some kind? Do you have to sell a minimum amount?

I don't want to be contacted by every company I looked up just so they can try to get me to join through them. I want to know about the costs and potential profits up front. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm with Mia Bella. They offer a starter kit but you don't have to buy it (but having samples is always a good idea). The compensation is pretty good.  www.sensationalscent.scent-team.com

Contact me if you're interested. I can send u more info. I also have a special going on this month if you join my team!

MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It depends on your sales skills and the size of your personal/professional network.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• How do start up costs have anything to do with my sales skills or even the %'s the companies offer when you first start? I know Avon use to give you 50% from you first few sales then lower %'s after that. I'm looking for straight answers. I don't want to contact consultants or reps.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:24 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Gold Canyon start up in pretty inexpensive. The intiatial kit is around 150. you get a 40% commission with bonus's depending on how much you sell.
    What you make will depend on your market, your sales skills, and how much effort you put into your business.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If you go to my site you can see the cost of of the 2 different ways to become a distributor. It depends if you join the Candle of the month autoship program and what package or sign up as an associate.

Compensation is different based on whether you make an online sale off the website or you get a personal sale. Also for offline sales the recommend a retail price but you can charge what you like. And example is the 16 oz. candle (which is pretty popular) your cost is 10.85 they recommend selling it for 19.95 (offline sales your profit would be about $9 and if it someone ordered it off your website it is $6)

This is just an example, it's different with each product which is why I asked you to contact me. I would send you the profit chart. But I can't type out all the info. here. It's too much info. if you don't want to contact any reps, you probably won't get much info other than what you get online. Out of space now.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thank you, this is the kind of information I was asking for. I don't want to contact reps because most of them go into a sale pitch of some kind.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am a demonstrator w/ Gold Canyon Candles. You get 25% commission, plus override commission based your sales, and your teams sales. There are 2 kits that you can purchase. one is $99 and one is $150. There are ways that you can earn your kit for free w/in your first 30 days, plus receive $25. in free product of your choice. You can make payments on both kits. If you meet your $350 in sales w/ the lower priced kit in your first 30 days GC refunds you your first payment plus s&h. There is a quarterly quota of $450. However that does not mean that if you don't meet that you are no longer active and cant sell anymore. If you would like to hear in more detail let me know.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011