Finding the right foundation

I know there are foundations for black girls but I never know how to find the right color. Last foundation i bought was at Norman Merle. How do I find the right foundation that fits me ....do I always have to go to the expensive beauty counter and get stuff like MAC (do they even make foundation for our skin tone)?

Ugh I feel so outta beauty culture lol

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Well I am really fair skinned so I don't know if this will help but I use sheer cover and LOVE it. They have it for darker skin tones and it blends so well that I'm sure it works for anyone. And it's not too expensive. $15 but a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time. It is so awesome. It's so light that you don't feel like you are wearing a mask and it covers so great and makes your skin look flawless. I have blotchy skin...I dunno if it's rosacea or what but sheer cover hides it really well. And it last's all day without getting all flakey or gross looking like most liquid foundations I have tried. LOL I should be on a commercial for them!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• covergirl makes that or maybeline? Yeah I am worried about picking the right color. You know I can go to dark or go to light and it will look like I have foundation on. I know I havent been drinking enough water so that is why my skin is not flawless like usual so I need back up lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's not some you can buy at the store. It is from an infomercial actually. It's a mineral foundation so it blends a lot better and one color will work for many skin tones. Check out sheercover.com =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• oh okay thanks
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I've always heard that you should match the color to the inside of your wrist. Blend in a small amount on the inside of your wrist to see if it is the right shade for you. As for types of foundation, I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin. It's the best I have found, and the price is not too bad either.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I didt know Neutrogena made a foundation. Some brands don't carry foundation for colored girls.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• They do carry a really dark tan color, but I have to use the lightest color they make, lol.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• @Jeanette ur pale lol :) Ok I will have to look into that too. :)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Lol, I've even had strangers come up to me and comment on how white I am. What do you really say to that? haha
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sorry I am pale as can be, but I am sure there must be something for your coloring. Somethings I do for make up in general is find color in all brands I like at the store then buy cheaper ones in comparable colors. Also I mix the lightest foundation I can find with moisterizer to get the shade right for me. You may need to mix a couple different shades to find your skin tone. Finally when I run out of foundation I mix some of my powder with moisterizer to make more base.

HTH
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011