Has anybody found that nipple stimulation brings on contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not with me or clients prenatally, but *in* labor, yes. It intensifies them.

If you don't want to add unnecessary risks, avoid force, though!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well my water broke with both of mine before having contractions but my kids were both born at 35 weeks. I find that nipple stimulation helps bring on orgasms! lol So I hope that wasn't a factor in why my kids were early. =/
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It can bring contractions....but they will be abnormally strong and not necessarily good for the baby. and usually once you move or stop stimulating the contractions stop too....The only time I heard of it really working is by using a breast pump.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• when i was pregnant with my son i had read that you had to do it for HOURS before it sent you into labor, but i was induced and didnt actually try
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had a high risk preg. 4 the last one and wasn't allowd to do the dirty deed w/ my dh for the last 2 mos. The dr. stressed that nipple play was out because it could start contractions!!! It was a loooooong 2 mos. plus 6 wks after.......well....almost 6 wks. lol. W/ my other 3 I had no probs. whatsoever though.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011