How to be better organized?

I know a lot of moms have a system and ways to stay organized and I want to learn to find ways to keep track of important stuff. Are there any good sites that I can learn ways to stay organized? Also has anyone tried products from the containers store?

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I clean stuff out every month, and every season I clean out the kids clothes and stuff that won't be fitting them. I keep a drawer in the kitchen for all mail that I need to shred since it has personal info, once the drawer is full I bring out the shredder, this keeps all junk mail in one spot and I don't stash it everywhere. I have baskets under the bathroom sinks for cleaning supplies and I also have a big basket with extras such as toothpaste, razors, etc ...things I'd hate to run out of. Works for me...Oh my gosh I sound so anal...LOL Hope I was helpful. As for a website, I like Real Simple.com it gives you pretty good tips on staying organized, and on the container store I haven't tried their stuff but I think maybe I should...hmmm
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 2:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• flylady.com--totally worth following what they suggest. It really helps and you feel like you have accomplished stuff when you put so little effort into it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• First, you have to go through everything and figure out what you want to keep, donate, and trash. After that you then throw out the trashed items, and donate that, that you're going to donate. Then go through the stuff that you have left and put it into piles of what itmes go with what itmes. If there are things going in your closet, then everything that goes in the closet goes in one pile. If there are things going in your office, then everything for the office goes in one pile. Then you go through each pile and put it away. Shoes go in the shoe bin in the closet, clothes get hung up. Important files get filed in whatever way works for you (By company, by importants, by what they are.. mortgage, bills, birth certificates all go in seperate files, etc). That is basically the system that you should go through. It takes a while, but in the end you'll find everything has a home. If it doesn't it shouldn't be there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2011