What are you EXTRA sensitive about when referring to your baby?

after some people's comments, or looks or anything, even just some silent implications...Like I hated when people insinuated my ds was very thin....

lesjoiesdemaman

Asked by lesjoiesdemaman at 11:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• my ds's birthmark

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Oh she is so little--then they here her talk. She is 2 1/2 with the sentence structure of a 3 1/2 yo and the vocabulary of a 4 yo. She is small but don't underestimate my kid. lol
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My son developed a cyst on his eye a few weeks after he was born and everyone thought he fell and got a bump. Made me so mad b/c it looked like I let him get hurt. It finally went away :)

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i hate it when people just assume im feeding my dd formula when they see the bottle!! I exclusively pump all my milk due to latch problems! my family sees the bottle and says" oh u couldnt breast feed its ok" im very quick to say"oh no its breast milk i EP!" i work my a$$ off pumping and im proud of it so im going to shout it from the roof tops! my dd will b one in 2 weeks and has never had a drop or formula!! *go me* lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I hate when family makes negative comments about DD. Sometimes she will just look at someone and walk away when the are talking to her, and they will make comments. One cousin actually called her a bitch and said its ok, I dont love you either. DD is two btw
    AddyRF

Answer by AddyRF at 12:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My daughter gets her genetics from my side of the family. We were all chunky little babies, but mostly grew out of our chubby cheeks and michlin man legs/arms. However, when people see her they say "Man what are you feeding her?" My daughter isn't overweight and has no trouble maintaining a healthy weight, but because she's chubby they automatically assume she's overweight. Especially in comparison to her brother who got his genetics from DH's side of the family. DS is tall and slender just like his father, so my daughter does look bigger then she is in comparison to him. However, as I said she's not overweight by any means, just holds her weight differently then DS did. Yet everyone always assumes I over feed her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2011