What technique do you use to potty train your child ?

I'm trying to potty train again my son (3 years old). I did it for a while (I have to admit that I'm not consistent like I should be) and when we went in vacation I dropped potty training him. So since we back he wouldn't want to go on the potty. So I told him I'll give him a coin everytime he'll go potty (his been doing potty on and off for a few days now). He warm up to the idea and I have told him with all the money that he'll have in his piggy bank he can buy something and he wants to buy James (Thomas & friends). So today I have put the timer on for 30 minutes so we go every 30 minutes after he went potty the last time. So I was wondering if any of you moms have done that and have success or it didn't work ? And also what technique do you use for potty training your child ? I think that what I'm doing now helps me to be more consistent and help him potty trained too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• be consitent that was your first mistake but we all make mistakes so time to move on. If your using pull ups ditch them they dont work. It does work to reward your child. I gave my son a sticker everytime he went potty and if he had stickers for the week with no accidents then he got to go do something fun he wanted to do such as the park or to mcdonalds or to get ice cream whatever it is he wanted. just keep up the constents with him and he will get it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• once my son turned 3, i had had enough. i put him in underwear and said no more diapers. when he had an accident, i was not mean, but i did make him clean his own mess. it was about 3 days of pure hell. and then it was over. he's 4 1/2 now and never had an accident. good luck!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have a 3 year old daughter she will be 4 in febuary. We went to pull ups for awhile but she didnt seem to care if she went potty in them or not. So we went and got rid of all them and into undies. We told her she was a big girl now and she needed to start using the potty and we let her pick out her undies. It seemed to make her not want to go in them if they were the ones she picked out herself. But she has been potty trained since she was 2 and 1/2. We have had a set back she had heart surgury and they put her in diaper where she couldnt get out of bed. So now we are back making sure she makes it to the potty on time
    bellabuddybug

Answer by bellabuddybug at 8:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2008