what do u

give your toddler for dinner so that he sleeps thro' night. yesterday night i gave mine an oats porridge (3 tbs cooked in around 1 full glass milk, later 7 ounce milk, he just threw up at the middle of night. was it because of cough or had i over fed him

A11

Asked by A11 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wait .. you fed your toddler porridge for dinner? That's it? That doesn't seem like it's very filling at all. Then you fed him two hundred and ten ounces of milk? Something tells me that I am reading this wrong, because it sounds like you basically gave your toddler milk for dinner. That isn't filling at all and will not sustain him through the night. Also, he needs more nutrition then that in his diet. I hope you made a typo on the amount of milk you gave him as well, because that is drowning him in milk.

Usual dinners for my one and two year old are ....
    Speghetti
    Cheese and Refried Bean Quesadillas
    Mac and Cheese
    PB&J Sandwich and Fruit
    Rice, Veggie, and Hamburger Stirfry
    Tuna Casarole (Sometimes with added chicken and sometimes with added rice)

Things of that nature that are filling and full of nutrition. Portion sizes depend on the child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Usually children that young will refuse to eat once they feel nice and full. Maybe the cough ties in with a small bug or something and tummy was upset too?
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 12:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• its 7 ounce milk
    A11

Comment by A11 (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My son eats whatever my husband and I eat for dinner. A meat, a veggie and either potatoes or rice. Sometimes he has a little applesauce with dinner also. Then at bedtime he gets 6 oz. of milk while we have a story. I really don't think you over fed him, just the opposite actually. If he threw up, I would think it was from a stomach bug or coughing. If he's coughing so hard he throws up, maybe you need to take him to see the doctor?
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i give my daughter whatever were eating for dinner and just make sure shes full. i dont feed her anything specific to make her sleep long. if she wakes up, she wakes up. i wont give her food in the middle of the night ( i think its bad eating habits) so i make sure shes full when dinner is done.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011