Why I don't want that?

I am a single mom in my 30's I have only 1 kid he is 5 and Im no saint but for some reason I don't want to have another bf or any other relationship, I don't speak to his father anymore I don't feel sad or lonely but everyone around me keeps asking me are you going to have another BF or another child ? he is going to be so sad when you pass and he is going to be alone, well I have 4 sisters none of them even call to see if im still alive so that is no guarantee but about having another SO I just don't feel that I need that, I have been dating since im 14 and now I just don't think I even want to try, do you think that is normal?

ps Im not even bitter regarding my last relationship or think every guy is the same I just don't see my self starting all over again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Perfectly normal. You don't have to be dating or in a relationship to be happy with yourself & your life. Enjoy this time with your child, your friends and the time you get alone to yourself. Cherish it and ignore people's comments about your personal life. Frankly, it isn't their business. Maybe you have some of them who have been living vicariously through you? LOL... just a thought...you never know! ;)
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 12:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It's not abnormal, but you are young and you have plenty of time to change your mind. Actually, I kind of like your outlook right now. Take control of your life right now and get out there and have some fun. You have tons of opportunities with your son being at such a good age. You two can get out there and enjoy your lives together.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i dont think there is anything wrong with you. i was an only child and i'm sure i'll be fine any day now ;) (that was a joke lol)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• That's perfectly fine. A lot of people don't understand that, because a lot of people are constantly searching for the relationship connection. Even after they've found "The One" they still subconciously search and scower just incase. Even if it's in help of someone else, like your friends looking out for you. All in all there's nothing wrong with not wanting to start all over. You don't have to be in a relationship or get married again, being single is perfectly fine. They just worry about your happiness, but honestly if you're happy with yourself being single then they should be happy for you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You sound very healthy to me, and it must might be that now, at the time when you're NOT looking for it or longing for it, you're in the best place to be surprised by love. I'm WAY more concerned about women who can't live without a man. There's so much more to life! Is your son going to be lonely someday? That's a sad thought and no one can say for sure, but it's certainly not a good reason to go looking for a man! :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think its fine.... My mom didnt remarry until I was 16 and from what she says she had no desire to do so while she was a single mom. I'm an only child from a single mom and I grew up just fine.

If you are happy and comfortable with 1 child and single - MORE POWER TO YOU!!! There is no law that says you have to have more than 1 kid and a spouse. Enjoy your time
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 12:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My dad passed away when I was 6. I had three other sisters. My mom didn't date anyone until I was 17. She never said she was loney, she never felt the need to make sure we had a 'father figure' she was content with just us girls. Once we all started getting older and having our own lives, she wanted one too.... ( I'm the second from the youngest) my older sister was married, my other older sister was engaged,my youngest sister was busy with school and friends, and I had been dating my now dh for over a year when my mom finally started dating again. Now that we are older, she told us that she wanted to put us first, make sure we knew she loved us, and our dad..... Thats why she waited to date anyone. Your time may come too.... You just might be waiting for your mr right...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think its a phase& will pass
    A11

Answer by A11 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• that's normal. you have your own priorities and wants for yourself. it is a very true statement that women do not need to be in a relationship to be happy. maybe one day you'll meet someone, maybe you won't, but that's your path to walk, not theirs.
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 12:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2011