Is it Tacky to send out a childs birthday invatation via TXT message (its only like 4people)

so my daughters having her 6th bday party in 2 weeks and i havent been able to get around to buying or making invations. my husband suggested i just send a txt ( ur invited to .... ) its just gonna be a small kids party my daughters inviting 4 friends. So what do u think ? plus ive a;ready gaven the heads up for the day of the party to the parents so do u think itd be tacky to txt the info about it ? be honest u wont hurt my feelings lol

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• no
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think it would be fine....4 people? I would do it, or just call them.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Maybe make it more personal like on an evite or phone call
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 12:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• that's how i've been doing birthdays for years. then again i don't really invite anyone but maybe one of my close friends.
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 12:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't think it would be. If it was like 20 people, then invitations might be better, but for that small group, I think a text will be fine.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:31 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think I would take 5 minutes and make it alittle more personal with a phone call. But, Im one of the few who arent impressed with texting.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• honestly with that small amount of people i think taking 10minutes and calling them is better.....its a little more personal that way...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't think it would be tacky, but I'd follow it up with a call from anyone who doesn't respond, just to make sure they received it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• NO absolutely not, Smart, Green, Fast and you'll get a respond back!
    Actress-mom81

Answer by Actress-mom81 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think it is tacky. A phone call is better than texting. Give it some thought here. Not all people can recieve text messages on their cell phones for one and some cell phone companies charge their customers to send and recieve text messages. Even though it might be more convinent for you to do it that way, it may not be so for your daughter's friends.
    bus_driver_mom

Answer by bus_driver_mom at 3:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2011