Why is it that when you get married your relationships usually change with your single friends.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 12:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Singles don't want to hear about diaper rash and spit up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Because it's two different lifestyles. Your single friends want to go out and have fun and meet other guys. Not something a married woman should do. I just got married this past year and it does change. It used to bother me, but nothing is as fun as hanging out with my hubby and new baby boy!
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 12:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Wow, anonymous. What is wrong with your husband that he has a diaper rash?
    For me, it was because everyone I knew was single for a loooong time after that. We got married when we were 18 and he had just started his senior year of high school.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• They probably think that since you are married, you can't go out anymore.
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 12:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't know. They told me I would lose all my friends when I had kids. Since then I've had 4 and they've had none and they're still my best friends.
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 12:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Probably because 1) you're now involved in a life they don't really understand, it's kind of foreign and 2) now that you are united with your BEST friend, they don't see you as having the same social needs and might forget to include you in stuff because they see you as somehow being complete socially (a misconception, of course).

I remember how surprised I was when I got my first boyfriend and my social life suddenly got EXTREMELY boring!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• LOL I totally thought it said when you become a parent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Mine hasn't. We are still buds, we still like to do the same things, and we all make sure we have time for each other. The hubbs and I have one group of friends that are mutual but we also have our individual friends.I think that it's important to maintain those relationships. 

Opie99

Answer by Opie99 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Because you can't do the same things with the same people while you are married that you could when you were single. Plus the singles feel like a third wheel now that you have coupled up and no one likes that feeling.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011