How can I make things more interesting/exciting?

I teach a Sunday School class for teenagers. I've done this for 3+ years. I would like any ideas or input you ladies could give me that would "shake things up" a bit. Students this age get bored very easily. Thanks. :)

popzaroo

Asked by popzaroo at 12:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I'd avoid trying to entertain them and trying to be "cool"....Just be straight with them and teach them the truth...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Go read the Cedar River Daydreams books. They get a new youth pastor or something in those books and they do all kinds of fun stuff to get the teens interested in the youth group.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Get them out in the community: volunteering at a food kitchen, visiting with seniors, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Watch the movie "To Save A Life". My daughter is in 8th grade and they have done that with the jr. high and high school group there are so many discussions you can have based on this.

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 10:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• This is a great video, taking a religious approach to vegetarianism

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Sorry, I forgot the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9RxmTGHZgE

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2011