is it normal to cry when i leave for my c sec because ive never left my 19 month old more then a few hours??

I don't want her to forget mommy or be mad at me for going. She's my baby girl and I just know im going to cry tomorrow when I leave her!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 12:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Awe, hang in there mama! I don't think that's abnormal. I do think, though, that often we moms are way more sensitive to this than our babies are. The first time I left my son with DH for an afternoon to go shopping he was about 14 months. I was so worried about him, and came home expecting him to run weeping into my arms. He barely even noticed me! LOL! I've heard lots of other moms say the same thing. I think when we give so much of our time to our babies, they're really secure, and not so worried when we're gone, and not at all surprised when we return. So hang in there, this is probably going to be harder on you than on her!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Awwww, it will be ok! To tell you the truth, she won't even remember when she gets older. She will just squeeze your neck even harder when she sees you again ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 12:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Aw, I was the same way! It will be ok. Good luck tomorrow.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes, it's normal! You've never been apart from her before, I felt the same way the night before I was scheduled to be induced
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 12:56 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Totally normal and OK for her to see you cry.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2011