Do you like the name you were given by your parents when you were born? Did you dislike it so bad that you wanted to change it?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Omg when i was little in school, i hated my name. teachers didnt know how to pronounce it right and i got made fun of for it. but after a while people got used to it and i enjoyed watching those people correct other people when they tried to say it. now that i'm an adult i love my name because its so unique although i vowed to never make my kids names as difficult as mine so i can spare them all that craziness!
    kool-aidbabe

Answer by kool-aidbabe at 2:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• my name is like no one else it is johnnette i have dutch name
    name after my father grandfather and greatgrand father
    i honour it
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• mine is Anna-Lisa...i hate it...because everyone calls me something different..i always have to repeat myself when asked my name...people try to shorten it to Anna..and i hate that!! however..i do like that its different..i work in customer service..and..literally 9 times outta 10 i get complimented on it...which is also kinda annoying..LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I actually love my name well parts of it I love the first & the middle and hate the last WALLACE ugh everyone has it and its just not me lol
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 1:02 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I love my name! I think it's original and beautiful. However, I did often wish I had a different name. I think allot of kids go through that phase.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't care for it, but I don't hate it. I wouldn't change it, and I really have no other name preference.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It was my mamas favorite name and eventually, I loved it too.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I used to hate it because all of my siblings (5) had "normal" names and I was the odd ball. I grew out of it though.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• No, I HATE my name. I hate the spelling, I hate how it doesn't "fit" me, and I hate how unoriginal it is. I would legally change it if it wasn't such a hassle..but I'm fine with going by my nickname - AJ. My Husband gave me that nickname because He knows how much I hate my real name. He is THE best. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Actually I like my name and always have. I gave up on correcting people and just let them call me what they want.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2011