Is it normal for my sons ears to be growing at different rates?

My 2 month old's left ear is noticeably smaller than his right. Neither one looks abnormally small or large, but they're definitely not the same size. Has anyone seen this and did the smaller one catch up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• From what I've been told, it's completely normal.  The ears never stop growing anyways.  Okay, here is a link that might help and explain better   http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_center/childbirth/newborn_variations.html

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Normal. My husband and my son have ears that are not the same size. After I realized this I discreetly looked at peoples' ears and I often see they are different sizes. Hopefully they will develop so there is not a big difference. If there is when he is older you can ask a doctor about it
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2011