Is it possible to maintain a long distance relationship w/someone other than my children's father?

Ok ladies here it is: I recently ended a long relationship w/my 3yr olds father who by the way is also the father of the child I'm expecting now. When i became pregnant he totally did a full 360 on me and to make a long story short started treating me like crap. Until he put his hands on me and i said enough is enough. Anyways a long term friend of mine (who actually was my high school sweetheart) got in touch w/me and we've been talking for a while. He currently stays in miami & I in chicago and he insisted that we try again as a couple (btw:he knows about my expectancy & my daughter) but long distance first. Ive never been w/another guy since my daughter was born & he seems such like a really good guy but Ive nvr been in a long distance relationship before. how do you keep that flaming interest going? Should i even pursue this now?

kool-aidbabe

Asked by kool-aidbabe at 2:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• If you are sure that you are done with the other guy then why not?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You are in an emotionally vulnerable state right now. Only you can say if you're ready for another relationship, frankly, I'd take anything new slow until after the baby is born. Long distance relationships can and do work if you are both committed to making it work.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I agree with Scuba.  You are vulnerable right now so take it slow and easy.  Long distance relationships can work but ultimately one of you has to be willing to re-locate. 

I was involved in a long distance relationship.  I lived in Canada and he lived in England.  I moved to England and we've been happily married for 22 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• That's a tough one. I only know I couldn't do it. How could you fully trust that person ever? Talking on the phone or computer to someone, they can pretend to be ANYONE or anything, but he could get off the phone with you and go cheat on you, or actually have a wife and 5 kids at home and lie so good you would never know. Have you thought about all this? I would say ya, if you're gonna do it, eventually you would have to move, one of you so figure out now if either of you are willing to do that and go from there. I don't mean move now btw, but when the time is right.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011