I am married to a converted muslim guy? adult content

I got married to the guy whom i loved after conversion into islam according to islamic law as an arranged marriage. I decided to marry him only after his full consent to get converted as muslim. It has been one and years since our marriage. He promised at the time of marriage to convert his name leagally (i.e.to the new name kept) after his sister gets married but will follow islam. His sister is getting married soon. But now he disagrees to change his name through gazatte. He is argueing that he will not be able to answer everyone including his parents. When asked why he promised he says he promised without thinking about these things in a hurry. He also do not show much interest in foolowing islam. He makes to the jumma out of my insistance only. I am sure that he do not believe in idol worship. I have a little hope but still lot of confusions. We are happy and quite understanding and he has never been against me on following islam. Our marriage is not registered yet, as i am very sure not to get registered in his hindu name and he is not ready for the viceversa as it requires gazaette because of which he is not able for a passport. As i want atleast my name in the spouse coloumn along with his hindu name as a legal security. I have made it very clear that i will grow our children in the islamic way and give only his muslim name as father's name right from the birth certificate......etc.. To which he has agreed. We don't have children yet. My question is what will happen to the children if something goes wrong between our us in future. Do we have legal rights as his wife and children? And will my children have rights in his property as per islamic law and indian law?Can i retain the children myself arguing in the above grounds? I have my name included as his wife only in documents related to his office and loan. We don't have ration card in our existing names, our names remain included in our family ration card respectively as it was before our marriage. He is also not interested to apply for separation of it yet even after i insisting on it. He tries to hide from the outside world that he has been converted and considres it as his symbol of prestige. Otherwise his very kind take very good care about me.. I am much concerned to live a life according to the Holy Quran and end up on the right side on the day of judement...... What shall i do?
Help me with your suggestions.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• You can't force a person to switch religions because you them to. Let him be free to follow and practice whichever religion he loves and wants to. He is your husband, you should be supportive, otherwise marry the Holy Quran instead of him, it seems you love it more than your husband. Leave him alone seriously, you can't force your beliefs on someone else and he did say yes in a hurry cause he didn't want to lose you. Trust me when I say he doesn't give a damn about islam. He just wants to be with you. Respect his faith, as he will respect yours as well and move on as a couple. I am an atheist and my husband is a Catholic, we respect eachother's beliefs from the beginning and we are fine for many many years married now. We agreed from the beginning that our DD will be let free to decide her own religion, should she ever want to follow one. You have no right choosing someone else's religion. Let it go.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 2:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thumbing me down won't change the truth lady - leave him be. You have no right forcing someone to leave what he believes in. Leave him alone.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 3:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't know about Muslim things because I'm a Christian. It sounds to me taht your husband doesn't really want any part of being a Muslim and that he agreed to make you happy, which is really sad. You cannot force anything on a person, especially a religion. If you love him then accept this. Otherwise you're going to have a very strained marriage. As far as your childrens' rights and all of that, I don't know, that's something that could probably be answered by a lawyer when writing a will.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Wow...that's a toughie...as time change so does people. Maybe he promised at first because he thought it was interesting and he thought it would be easy. As time passed, maybe he realized this was not going to be easy. Some of the things you ask, he try to do. There is an old saying that says "you can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy". Good Luck.
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 3:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• He obviously changed his mind, now you have to decide if you love him enough not to care.

peace013

Answer by peace013 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My uncle did this to my aunt. He converted to her religion cuz she said she wouldn't marry him otherwise. After 30 years of marriage and him going to church, he told her he never did believe it and doesn't even believe in God and never even did!!! They tried to have kids but didn't so that's a plus now I guess. If I were you, and my religion was so strict I was convinced God was going to condemn me to hell for not keeping all of the rules or whatever you believe (not judging you just assuming what you believe from your post) I would divorce him and marry someone who is decidedly, all the way, the same religion. Sounds like it's so important to you it won't work any other way. Good luck, and God bless.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011