Any cure all for heart burn???

AshleyMarie88

Asked by AshleyMarie88 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If u can stomach the taste.. Take a spoon full of baking soda and chase it dwn w/ a glass of warm water. Worked really good for me.
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 2:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Prilosec. But if you are pregnant, ask the dr. before taking it. Other than that, eat small meals, aviod spicy and acidic foods and foods with high fat. If its really bad at night, sleep in a recliner. Sorry you're dealing with it. I've been there :-(
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Alright the thought of the baking soda makes me sick but if it works its worth a shot. rolaids and tums don't work for me. I don't even like to take the couch syrup they tell me to when i get sick. I'm a paranoid mom lol
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 2:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• hey... I feel ya.. & if u cant take the taste.. It doesnt hurt to drink Barqs rootbeer every now & then.. It works & it doesnt hav caffine in it.
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 3:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Really? Rootbeer works for heart burn???
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 3:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• hey.. It givs som relief.. & i had it bad.. With every pregnancy.. Trust.. I was tryn everythng. Lol
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 3:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Alright I hate root beer but I'll try anything at this point! Before I found out I was pregnant I had BAAAAADDDD heartburn for 2wks straight and it would not go away. Made my friend suspicious and she told me I was prego. Her baby is a year old and I figured maybe she was right. She was one of the lucky ones who never got sick though!
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 3:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• well.... Isnt she the lucky one.. Lol.. I feel ur pain & know exactly wat u going thru.. I hope u feel better it get a lil relief fr this nagging prob :/
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 3:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My doc said Pepcid. But I've heard other mamas drinking ginger ale or ginger tea, something about ginger. I feel ya mama, I'm 37 weeks and I get heartburn just drinking WATER. :P Sometimes for no reason at all. Good luck!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 3:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yeah I tried the ginger ale and it made it worse. Seems water is the only thing that doesn't give me heart burn. I love spicy food and mexican food and I've had to give it up my entire pregnancy! Can't eat spaghetti either :( 2 more months............just you wait! lol
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 3:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2011