What is the best way to loose weight on a tight budget?

Ok so my daughter is a year old now, i gained 40 lbs while pregnant and gained another 30 after she was born.....i was always really skinny and i dont look like i weigh that much because im tall and it kind of evens out, but I see it. Me and my husband are on a tight budget so i cant afford pills or expensive diet techniques. I dont really eat that much though because im always on the go and i cant understand why im not losing anything! Anyone have any suggestions?

collegemom1007

Asked by collegemom1007 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• you need to eat less and work out. That's the only way to lose and keep weight off. I invested in some personal training and my trainer had me on 1300 calories a day, cardio for 45 min 5 days a week and weight lifting 2 days a week.
    Anonymous

• I like the weight watchers plan... I signed up for it online (16.95/month) and did everything at home... never went to a meeting. But you can buy the books that convert food into points for $30... I have done that too... I lost 25 pounds in 2 months on weight watchers. But you can also just calorie count and turn everything you do into an exercise. If you have stairs, spend a few minutes stepping, etc.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• the key is to work out. cardio is going to burn fat. watch what you eat and just start a routine work out sheduale.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• You need to eat right(a diet high in whole grains, fruits and veggies) and exercise(strength training AND cardio). You can work out cheap by just buying some dumbells and exercising at home. You can also put the baby in the carriage and walk every day....and I'm not talking a nice stroll, I'm talking a really fast walk, you know, burn a sweat!
    I used to be a nutrition counselor and let me tell you, a lot of people THINK they eat hardly anything all day, but then when they do a food diary, or just really pay attention to what they eat, they learn that either they eat and drink more than they think OR they consume high calorie foods(so they don't eat much, but it ends up being too many calories) Best of luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• start with walking every day after every meal - kid(s) in tow - smaller portions, less carbs and processed sugar foods - and i included almased it runs about $25 a canister and lasts 2 weeks - and WORKS - I love it
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 4:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Replace other drinks with water, eat healthier choices and exercise. Walking and running burn calories and are FREE!!! and for themost part, so is water
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 5:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• If you don't eat that much I would expect that alot of you weight is water weight. Drink a ton (and I mean a ton) of water. Your body is holding on to the water because your not giving it enough. The only way to get rid of it is to give it so much that it feels comfortable letting go of the excess water because it knows that you will not starve it of water. Trust me you'll bloat up with water in the beginning but just keep drinking (at LEAST a gallon of water a day) and you'll eventually notice that it's starting to go away. Then for work out, go to this website and watch/read the article. All you need is a deck of cards and some space in your house and you can do this. I do it on Saturdays and Sundays instead of going to the gym and it works me out sooo good!

http://fatfightertv.com/blog/2008/06/jamie-eason-workout/
    jaimielea

Answer by jaimielea at 5:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I started diet / exercise last week (laid off from job). I stocked up on fruits and veggies... we eat very healthy anyway, but I did buy Propel mixes to add to my water (I HATE water) ... we eat a lot of tofu and edamame... lots of fruits and water. I bought green bags to help the fruit keep longer, and those are a GREAT investment.

Anyway, I started working out a week ago (every day) and eating better, and OMG I can't believe the difference. My stomach is insane... I can see my abs again. Huge difference by adding the exercise. I am eating right, and I can't afford the gym right now... I have a lot of workout videos here. I do a different one every day.

My 3 year old spotted Barbie's at a yardsale last Saturday coming home from dance... the girl had a workout Barbie and actually still had the VHS Barbie workout video... it's HARD AS HELL!!!! I can't get through it (yet)... it was .50 cents LOL.
    MercyBoo

Answer by MercyBoo at 1:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• after i had my son(who i gained 40 pounds with) i had a hard time losing weight..i didnt want to drink nothing but water and sodas definately didnt help..so i bought sugar free koolaid..its really good and there is lots of flavors and that is all i drank..and i got 100 cal packs and fruit..cause i always have a real sweet tooth..i ate mostly grilled meats or baked and its alot healthier than fried..and i HATE exercise so i just took my son for walks! he loved getting out and seeing lots of things and i got a work out without being bored!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 12:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2008