those who sleep in same room as kiddos.....????

Ds and I sleep in the living room beause well the stupid people who built these apartments thought one heater downstairs is enough. It is freezing upstairs. My son was out by 11 pm and for him that is amzing...but he hears me when I go upstairs and down( I had to pee). Lucky for me he is trying to sleep because I was stearn--not yelling but letting him know this is night night. It is 1:24. Am I bad by ignoring him? He is 9 months. I feel like I am a bad mom because I am being strict and not giving into him wanting to play. I love my son and playing but 1 am is not reasonable. I still feel bad.

Well, as I got my hopes up he is jabbering again.

grrrrr
sigh

I wish he had his own room...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• We were in a studio appartment for a good while. My daughter was older though at the time and she was sued to us being up when she was in bed. But at 9 months I still was very fim abotu when bed time was. I never let her get up because she was up. There were nights we fought like crazy over it but I was not giving in. Once she learned that though we never had a problem with bed time. Even now though se has to come ask if she can get up because she has a habit of waking up at 4 thinking its time to get up, HA ain't happening.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 12:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My kids slept in the same room with me until they were at least 2....my preference....I also had them in bed with us a lot until they were 6 or so....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well, my kids use to sleep in the same room as us. Then we did their room and they started sleeping in there.
    ChildGoddess

Answer by ChildGoddess at 4:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I can't wait until we move...this place sucks. If ds is sleeping light then me going pee needs to wait. It is that bad....the stupid stairs creeeek. We are thinking we are gonna move the ac upstairs in his room this summer. We maybe be moving in July and I hope so ...sharing a living room with my son is not easy. I love being with him but at night momma wants to sleep....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I slept in the same room as ds until he was nearly 2. We moved apts at that time and he got his own room. He still didn't want to sleep alone though. I totally relate to the holding in the pee thing lol. Dh and I used to tip-toe back into the room after peeing and then it would be inevitable that there would be a little head pop up over the crib or a little face that would stare at us inbetween crib rails lol. Dh and I would cover our faces with the bedsheets to muffle our giggles and try to stay motionless so the baby would think we were sleeping and would do the same. We look back on that and laugh because it was just so cute. I would definitely move out of there asap. One other suggestion I have for you is to get a heater for the bedrooms and use it at night.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Cosleeping saved my from losing my mind!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i share a room with my dd. its ok for right now because it saves on heat. eventually when i move i will move her into her own room but right now my room is downstairs and hers is upstairs and she is in my room and i do not want her uptairs alone. it will get better. just go do what you have to do in the middle of the night and go back to bed. if he is not crying don;t worry abotu it. oh just put some toys in his crib and that should entertain him. good luck mama
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I do partly co-sleep.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011