kentuckys new law..is this true. found this on facebook this morning so i copied it.

Kentucky just passed the best law ever. To be on Food stamps, Medicaid,or Cash Assistance for your Children or yourself You have to pass a DRUG Test. Now, every other state should do the same. If you agree re-post. People that work have, to take a drug test, so should they. Amen....repost if you agree.....

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i posted the same thing the other night . i too saw it on facebook and thought i would share. i think it is a wonderful idea. however i got bashed because they said it was a misfortune...i told them being a dope head is NOT a misfortune...it is a choice...i am 100% for drug testing for ANY and ALL assistance. and if people dont like it then they should do the dope now should they.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It was just a proposal, and has yet to be passed as far as I understand.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 7:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• way to gohooray! it is about time.. i knew this chick who would trade her foodstamps for coke and pills. a drug test should be mandatory in every state .

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:48 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• No, it's not true. It's a proposed bill still being amended and written. There have been a few questions about it already the past few days if you want to check them for links to articles about what's really going on.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:48 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I agree, ut I think they need to take it a step further and in order to get food stamps you better be APPLYING for jobs and not lying/hiding about your finances and situation.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• *but
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• well, i knew i could come here i find the truth =)
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I live in Kentucky, and as far as I know, it has not yet been voted on. There is quite a lot of support for the bill here.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:57 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I agree, ut I think they need to take it a step further and in order to get food stamps you better be APPLYING for jobs

Yeah, all those disabled, dying, elderly and 10 year old food stamp recipients better start looking for jobs

eye rolling

I wonder sometimes if the people who complain the loudest really don't understand how the system is set up or if they protest so much so people won't suspect they're on them or have been on them

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am all for it, I am just worried about all the kids that wont get fed next month bc mom is a piece of shit addict....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011