how do i control my anxiety about my c sec tmrw morning? just the thought of it makes me wanna puke!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 8:02 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just keep busy, go shopping for things to celebrate ......get yourself a new nightgown and your baby an outfit, get yourself some powder and perfume, lotion, etc.....deep breaths....hang out with a friend.....it will be okay....also, if you are near a health food store, get yourself something called rescue remedy, and put a few drops under your tongue every few minutes until you calm down......it is harmless and can help...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would go shopping for some cute baby things....and I am not joking. I love to shop and it would keep my mind off of it.

Or you could spend your time cleaning up the house or cooking some frozen meals.

Go to the library and get a good book that has nothing to do with babies!!! :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I like the shopping idea. Also keep looking past the surgery to the new member of your family. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• you gotta change your view on things. You have to go in and do it, its out of your hands, so what is the point of worrying about it? I used to stress, and now I just remind myself I cant do anything about it, so might as well just go with the flow. go buy some stuff if you can....have a day with your best friend. pedicure sounds nice! It will be ok.... :D
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Just think, all you have to do is go in and lie down. There is no pressure on you to do anything at all. I was much calmer with my c- sections than my natural birth. It was out of my hands.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Ehh... I had two, and I still got panicky with both. Just keep breathing is my advice.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 8:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Remember that it will all be over before you know it and then you will be holding your little bundle of joy.
    Shanrhobbs

Answer by Shanrhobbs at 8:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• This is more about while having the c-sect.... With my first one I wasn't told anything while having it done which for me was very nerve racking since you can't see anything. The 2nd one I mentioned it and they told me everything that they were doing and it was so much easier on my mind. I think it gave me a sense of control that I at least knew what they were doing.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I had one, it is really not that bad. You will feel some presure and maybe like pulling but in on way any pain. They give you good meds for pain so that is not too bad. Try to to worry. My best adivice is for the first week or so, just take your pain pill on schedule, dont' wait until it huts to take them because that is when the pain gets bad. Hey at least this way you can make sure eveyone you to be there is there, as oposed to going into labor in the middle of the night and the only people there are the ones that keep their phones on at night
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I love the shopping idea, go do something to take your mind off of it, it'll all go fine, and your little baby will be in your arms in no time. I had an emergency c-section with my first and having a planned c-section with this one, there isn't anything you can do to totally take your anxiety away but just try to remain calm and think of how soon you'll be holding your baby. (: Also, don't hesitate to talk to the doctors and nurses that are in the room during the c-section, it helped calmed me down ALOT and they were very nice and it made it go by a lot quicker. Congrats and good luck!
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2011