Not sure how much more i can handle (Please help)

i am a sahm so i don't have alot of socialization and right now my family is being put through a test. I have been up all nite first my sister calls me and she is out of town for work but she got a call saying that her fiancee had just had a wreck and was going to have surgery but going to be ok. i hang up the phone with her and the phone rings again and it's my MIL saying that she was on her way to take my SIL to the emergency room because shew was running a high temp and is fighting kidney cancer that has spread so quickly and things r not looking so well and she is only 32 and has been involved in many charities involving cancer. I feel as though i am gonna break at any moment, i have not heard any kind of good news lately but trying to be strong for my kids. My 10 old son is having alot of difficulties with we have always tried to be trueful to him at a certain level and when we talked to him about his aunt condition he went and locked himself in the restroom and got sick, her and my son r very close since she is not able to have children of her own. My question is how to people get through this without falling apart. I don't ask for alot but please pray for our family.

hollieshobbie

Asked by hollieshobbie at 8:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Aww momma. Will def. keep you in my thoughts. Sometimes we dont give ourselves enough credit. You can get threw this. It going to be hard but you can do it!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Prayer sent your way. God will hold you in His arms and it will be ok.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thank u, i don't like to publish everything about my life but i don't get out alot and all i have is my family, and this is my outlet to vent because i don't want to burden my family with my isssues because i know that they r hurting to.
    hollieshobbie

Comment by hollieshobbie (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• This is the way of things.  When things go wrong EVERYTHING goes wrong.  Lets look at it a different way.  All of this hurt and pain, eventually there will be light.  You will appreciate the light so very much more because of the darkness you have seen.  Find your bright spot, even when it seems impossible.  Find that spot and hold onto it.  It can be something so small.  Remember what you are grateful for.  Put yourself out there, like you did in this post.  You can post anonymous so that no one knows that it's you.  Get everything out.  When your feeling down, post it.  Sometimes some computer "hugs" are just as good as the real thing. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thank u so much MrsHouston u words definately made me smile, and has made me appreciate each day that i have with my family. I will be strong for my family but i just needed to vent , i cannot get through this without venting but don't want to worry my family, I have to be strong and that is a hard thing for me to do. This must be our test in life but we r a strong family and will get through this. :)
    hollieshobbie

Comment by hollieshobbie (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Good for you for posting this, sounds like it would be hard for a person like you, so selfless you don't want to burden anyone with little ol you!! You need to vent. It's ok to hurt. You're going through A LOT!!! Through it all, God is still blessing you. Look for those blessings, and know it could be so much worse. God has a plan for each of us, including your family members. Trust Him to take care of them and comfort you and your son. I will pray for you and your family for sure! I can't believe how much it helps when people do that! I posted on Facebook the other day that I was having a really hard time and that prayers would be appreciated. The next day after having so many people pray for me, I felt like the weight had been lifted off my shoulders!! Amazing. You'll get through this stronger than ever! God bless you.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Huge hugs....My family has been through something very similiar, and I know how hard this is.....if I had to go through it all again and make a different decision, I would have taken my whole family to counselling to help us deal with this...pray together if you can, on your own, if that is impossible....take care...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I appreciate all your kind words and they have helped me see things in a different light. I know that there r many people out there going through horrible issues themselves and i know that we r not the only ones suffering. and as far as counceling i have talked to my sons school already and they have been very supportive. My son is 10 years old and can be a little rotten at times but when it comes down to family issues he really show his true self and how caring he is. he has hugged me everytime he has walked by me today and tells me he loves me. That is 1 rule in our house even if u r angry never leave without saying i love u, we never know if there will be a tomorrow. God bless u all for taking the time to send such kind words. :)
    hollieshobbie

Comment by hollieshobbie (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011