Do you have a time set aside to answer calls and check emails?

How do you handle it when people call at different times throughout the day? My sister calls me sometimes at different times and although I don't mind the phone calls, she has kids of her own so she should realize that I have things to do as far as my child and the household. Have you ever noticed that if you don't stop and talk to people when they call that they think that you are acting funny? I going to start turning off my phone when I have things to do and I'm going to start keeping it off at night.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• It took me a long time to not feel like I have to answer the phone every time it rings, especially since I'm not much of a phone talker. But I try to make time to return calls, and if I am legitimately not busy, I'll answer. Same with texts, emails, facebook, whatever...if I get a message that needs a response, I'll do it but if it turns into a conversation that is just for fun, and there is something I need to be doing, I'll stop writing. I try to set aside a certain time between my other tasks to check up on my phone and stuff. It bothers some people, especially some friends who don't have kids, or those who tend to think that since I am a stay at home mom, it means I am obviously sitting around eating bon bons just waiting for their call.
    Maisy19

Answer by Maisy19 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yeah, if I'm busy I won't answer the phone...and sometimes when i'm not either..lol
    It kinda screws my "groove"....if I take the time out during the day to talk with people. It's harder to get back into housework or whatever I have to do.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• After cargiving for my parents that is definitely on the backburner. I never realized how much i do not need the internet. But you should make time for bills and for call backs with companies or doctors. As for internet everyone e-mails but sometimes I get tired of wasting so mcuh time with that bs. I rather talk face to face or by phone.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If I am busy my phone is not answered. Unless it is the kids' school, hub's work, or a doctor's office. Just because I have a cell phone it does not mean I am accessible all the time.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If I am busy I don't answer and I call back when I have time or text something quick that way you are tied to the phone. It is hard with kids. My only quiet phone time is on my ride home from work.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 9:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If I'm busy I don't answer the phone. We have certain times that we are doing school work and I'm not on my computer or on the phone if I'm helping one of my children. I do spend more time on the computer, though, while they are working, since that's not a distraction for them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If I'm busy.... I don't answer.... or I answer and say "Can you call me back later? I'm busy."

If I'm not, then I answer.

No biggie.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2011