Do petite / shorter women show quicker?

This is my second and I am only 7 1/2 weeks. And at times my belly is really poking out, it is uaually flat and then there are times where it doesn't stick out as much. Is this just bloating? I am only 4'11 and weigh 108 lbs. so I just wondered if it was because my torso was so short.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm nearly 5', and i didn't show until i was about 28weeks really.
    My friend, who's 5'5, looked like she was 38 weeks when she was about 18 weeks lol.. she did look like she's swallowed a hippo.

It varies so much, female to female, and pregnancy to pregnancy, there isn't much that's 'normal'.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 8:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am 5 foot 2 and didnt show til about 41/2 months but after that watch out I was huge with baby although I never gained more than 35 lbs with my first and 25 with the last 2 Many people rudely asked if I was having twins although from the back you could not tell I was preggers I was always out front
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Everyone is different, but in general shorter women show more because the only way you can grow is out. With my first pregnancy I needed maternity clothing by 10 weeks. I am 5'.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'm 5'2" and with both of my kids I looked like I was going to be giving birth to an elephant, not a human. I think part of mine is I have a very short torso, even for my height so all if it had to go out. With both of my pregnancies I had people asking me if I was having twins. They really had my poor husband scared the first time around. LOL

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It all depends on your torso. If you are short waisted you're going to show quickly.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 9:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My doctor told me I would be showing faster than taller woman but I'm actually not..probably b/c it's my first.
    missmay5

Answer by missmay5 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'm 5'7", and didn't show until I was 5 months with my first..............I don't think height has anything to do with it...
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011