Pregnant With IUD!!!

Has this happened to anyone? I have mirena, and i have been having pregnancy sypmtoms and i feel like shit!!! And i am really scared. Any advice would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Take a digital test. Its an accurate answer and you don't have to be confused by the lines. If you are pregnant the doctor may not remove your IUD. Sometimes they just leave it in so it doesn't rip the placenta, etc.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Take a pregnancy test and call your doctor either way. If it's negative, you need to make sure the IUD hasn't moved out of place. The chance of an ectopic pregnancy is much higher if you get pregnant with an IUD.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have not had this but my cousin did.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I got pregnant with an IUD. They said it came out of place. You need to find out and if you are get it removed.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I know someone who got pregnant with an IUD in
    robsgurl_23

Answer by robsgurl_23 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I took a pregnancy test last week, it was negitive, but the result to exactly one hour to show up (seriously) and they were really light. I am just going by home i feel. and i am so so scared!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If you mean the control line took an hour to show up you didn't pee on it long enough another test would be needed.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well my cousins wife got pregnant on the IUD. The IUD split in half. She was feeling crappy too and took a pregnancy test and it was positive instantly. Because the IUD was in 2 pieces some of it lodged into her cervix so they had to remove it. But doing this caused her to dialate so she lost the baby. She had to have the rest of the IUD removed with surgery. She is now on the pill.
    RishawnsMom

Answer by RishawnsMom at 11:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• After doing some research and reading you ladies answers, I am now more confused than ever. I am going to go the E.R. later after work, and i'll know whats up. Thank you ladies for taking the time to respond
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2011