Periods after weaning?

Did anyone get their period after they weaned and have it come like two months then skip a month? I weaned my son almost 3 months ago. Shortly after weaning I had my first period and then 40 days later my next period. This month I haven't had a period and neg hp tests.

So would it be reasonable that my period should start 40 days like the last two or that I would just skip a period?

I used OPK and had 5 days of almost positives then they have been very negative since then. So maybe I got a late ovultion, or didn't ovulate?

IDK

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It will take up to a year for your cycle to become "normal" again.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It can take a little bit for your cycle to even out. Have you thought about charting? At least you would know if you are Oing or if your cycle has changed.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It's normal for that to happen after breastfeeding. Cycles can be EXTREMELY irregular for the first 6 most post weaning.

You can try a product called vitex to help raise your hormone levels and lower the prolactin levels (breastfeeding hormone) which will still be in your body at this point.

Also try charting because so you can know for sure if you ovulated or not from charting where as OPKs can only tell you that you MIGHT ovulate soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have been using vitex and b6 the whole time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Your body is going through a looot of adjustments right now, normal won't be normal for quite some time...
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 5:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2011