i had saw..about the labor ball or whatever

i had saw someone asking about the labor ball..does it seriously not cause contractions? what does it do? i'm almost 40 weeks and ijust went and baught one hoping it would cause me to have some contractions the dr. also said the babby was still floppy what would that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• the labor ball isnt going to cause contratctions. but bouncing on it could maybe stimulate you to go into labor its not always true baby isnt coming till baby is ready. you might find the labor ball good for when your in labor to sit on and bounce and it can help bring the baby down cuz your using gravity. I dont know what your dr means by the baby is still floppy though? maybe he ment that hte baby hadnt dropped yet.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have no idea what it means for the baby to be floppy. But the birthing ball is supposed to help by relaxing all your muscles "down there" when you sit or bounce on it, helping the baby to move downward. It doesn't cause contractions! TRUST me! I was past 40 weeks with my daughter bouncing on the ball all day long! The only thing it did was make me more comfortable(sitting on the couch hurt me and my baby was already engaged). Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Hmmmmm....ladies just a thought skip buying labor balls,I never had one and baby come's when ready. It is natural!!! now if you want to trigger labor a good night of whooooopie with your paticipation like riding the cow boy or doing it from the back a bit rough neck style can help. Save your money get ya hubby & bounce on him.
    Anonymous

• Sitting on the ball helps to open the hips and widen the pelvis, allowing baby to come down....but this only works if baby wants it to!). I bounced on the ball all weekend and baby didn't drop until Monday night, just minutes before he came out.

However, sometimes activity can bring on contractions, sp it's worth a shot!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2008