must get rid of sons cold or else he cant have his surgery tomoro!

HELP!!!
so my sons tube apntmnt is tomoro. so they called my husband yesterday to verify everything while he was at work and he mentioned my sons fierce cooled and they said that since hes sick they may not do the surgery!! they will asses him tomoro and determine if they will do the surgery... he needs to get 55 percent better before tomoro!! we have been waiting months to get this done! he has had 7 ear infections in 2 1/2 months and i cant stand to have my son in so much pain! does any one have any tricks that may help?

Meanttobeamomma

Asked by Meanttobeamomma at 9:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Kids' Health

• unfortunetly, it just has to run it's course. keep him down, lots of fluids and rest. sux that they make you wait so long! is he having tubes put in?
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 9:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Run a humidifier, chicken broth or chicken noodle soup, lots of fluids, lots of rest, you could even put some vicks on him tonght for bed. Good luck!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• hes only 6 months old... and yes theyre putting tubes in...sinci i do not have humidifier is it ok to run the shower and have him in the bathroom with me even tho hes only 6 months old?
    Meanttobeamomma

Comment by Meanttobeamomma (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes. You can run the shower and just sit on the floor with him for about 20 minutes. Let the bathroom steam up pretty good. Also, you can boil and pot of water on the stove. They have baby vicks, it is wonderful stuff if you want to try that as well. Poor baby, my dd had bad ear infections for the 1 year of her life. I hope all goes well tomorrow and they are able to releive his pain.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• thnkyou... ill try that... he finaly has gone back to sleep but with the amount of advice between here, facebook, and relatives im sure i can do as much as posible to boot this in the but before tomoro! the one hing on my list that i almost forgot is prayer!! and i think we will be all set! thnx every one for such amazing advice and helping me feel alil more confident about what im doing! :)
    Meanttobeamomma

Comment by Meanttobeamomma (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• not a problem :) I will keep him in my prayers as well.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• thankyou! need as much prayer as we can get!
    Meanttobeamomma

Comment by Meanttobeamomma (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I agree with AMBER. Also if you have a vicks humidifier those work wonders as well. BEST OF LUCK!!! feel better

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• vitamin c every hour, chicken broth, netti pot....and don't panic, mama....even if they cancel, all will be well.......you could try taking him to a chiropractor in the meantime....sometimes adjustments get their immune system to the point of fighting off ear infections by themselves...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2011