is it odd to be excited about an exs new babies?

I am close to my first husband. We met when I was 14 and had 2 kids during my teens. We married and divorced by 21. We were so young. We have 2 sons together. Over the years we have supported each other and been partner in parenting. Last week he had twins boys. I had twin girls a year ago. I am so excited for him and think it is so cool that we both have twins. I don't want to be with him. I am married and he is engaged. I posted pictures online of his twins and just can't wait to see them. Is this odd? My husband said it was weird. I told him that I would stop and take the pictures down if he wants but he said no, that it was just weird. So do you think so? I am just so just happy for him.

bjane01

Asked by bjane01 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• It's not weird. You are obviously on good terms, which is great, and new babies are always something to be happy and excited about!
    Cafe Kristin

Answer by Cafe Kristin at 10:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i have several family members that are in same "my ex is a friend" boat. i think it is kinda cool! as long as the SO's are alright with it! it may just take some time for your DH toget used it. it was nice of you to offer to take the pics down, and he did say no, i owuld offer again, later, to make sure nothing has changed! good for you!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think it's wonderful that a ex's can get along. You hear about so many nasty divorces and that people are unable to come to agreements about how their kids are raised ....the list goes on.
    Kudos to you and your ex for being adults about it and being happy that each other is happy!!!!!
    I think it may be weird for your husband, just because he's your EX!!!! oh no!!! lol It's a stigma that two people that break up can't still be friends and be happy for one another! Good for you! xo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well, I think it is awesome that you and your ex have such a great relationship, especially since you share two sons. But I guess you will need to delve in further as to what your hubby feels acceptable to ensure that you don't cause a riff between the two of you:) I don't think it is weird, I think it is great, but I'm not your hubby so I really can't tell you whether it is appropriate or not. Good luck!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• no, my husbands ex wife and i are both expecting boys....i am 4 months ahead of her and we are both excited for each other.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think it's a great thing when people who are divorced get along well especially when there are children in the picture.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't think it's weird, it sounds like you have a decent relationship. My ex was happy for us when DH and I had our son, he took our kids to get a present for the baby, and he asked about him when we would do the drop offs/pick ups. He's never posted pics of my son, but he was genuinely happy for us nonetheless.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My older kids dad and me get along alright now. He is remarried and before he remarried he called all the time. He used to say we had the most in common (not that he wanted me or vice versa) but we had been together since we were both 16 yrs old. I had met him when I was 12. So I dont think it is weird. I know some might think so though. His new wife for instance wont allow him to talk to me or his kids unless its on the speaker phone.

Answer by gemgem at 10:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think it's awesome that you two are still friends. I have an ex that had a baby boy 2 months ahead of mine and I thought it was so cute that are boys were about the same age.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• not weird at all. kudos to both of you for moving on with your lives without any resentments. i wish my ex and i could have left eachother on the same terms. he has another child and the only reason im excited is because im hoping he will now stop harassing me and focus on his "new family". i wish my daughter could have a relationship with her half-sister, but my ex's wife and i do not get along and she said she quote:"doesnt want my reject children around her child" so yea, we'll never have a good relationship.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2011