I don't know what to do...

Oh my... I live with a current boyfriend.Its been six years and things have not progressed like I had hoped.I have become unhappy and have tried to talk tohim about it, to no avail. There is rarely any physical contact, he says he loves me but I don't feel it anymore. I feel like it has become a rental home, even though he is here, with me doing all the housework, laundry, buying groceries and paying my part of the bills. I had began chatting with someone from my past and he is trying to talk me into moving there. (out of state) He is a good person and I know his background. I would live onmy own and not with him, But it would be a fresh start. I think he has been secretly chatting with another woman for over a year now and when I ask who he is talking to he says I am being nosy or won't answer me. I feel like I am giving all I have including love and getting nothing back. Do I move away and move on? I sold all my things last year when he decided to buy a house. I love him but this relationship isn't going anywhere. He knows what I want out of life but he is still after all this time hesitant to totally committ to me. I am so confused on what to do with myself. UGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I think there are two separate issues here: ending the relationship with your current boyfriend and moving out of state. I think that if you are unhappy and unfulfilled, and it isn't looking like you are going to resolve that, then you should end the relationship you are in. However, if you have children, and especially depending on their ages and if they are in school or not, I would look long and hard at the decision to move out of state on a whim, especially considering the ways that that choice might affect them.
    Maisy19

Answer by Maisy19 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Move on. Don't waste anymore time on your boyfriend. Deep down you know you deserve better. And you aren't married and you know that you don't want to marry your boyfriend. You deserve to find happiness so just take that step towards finding it with someone else. This other guy may or may not be the one. But the one you are with sure isn't. So either way you at least took that first step towards finding happiness.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If you don't see a future with your current BF, it's time to move on. I wouldn't make any decisions about seeing someone else, or even moving out of state until you are out of your current relationship and living on your own for awhile. Give yourself time to think about what you really want/need, and what's best for you and your children (assuming you have children.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If you're unhappy in your current relationship and have taken the steps to save it but nothing, then leave. If you did move to this new state would it be because that's where you want to go? I understand you would be on "you own" but would you also be hoping for something to happen between you and this guy you're chatting with now? But if you are unhappy now, leave and take some time for yourself, so when you make your new start, you'll be completely refreshed. Good luck.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You need to sit down with him and get it all out tell him how you feel, and if he won't talk then thats an answer to he dosen;t care enough to try and fix your problems
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I say if your current BF knows you want more of a committment and still doesn't want to committ then it may be time to hit the road jack. Break it off with him and if you're willing to try it with the other guy once you've broken up with the current BF good luck in whatever you decide to do

Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 10:57 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Move on! If changes won't be made and you're miserable, why stay and endure that any longer? Your kids will see a happier mama (if you have kids) and they, too, will be happier. I do think proceed with caution in moving away though. Maybe just end one thing and settle yourself before you jump in further on the other.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Move away and move on or just move on ....either way sounds like you need a fresh start...good luck
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Move on
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• move on-there will be someone better for you in the future and you will thank your self
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011