Lead laws, children products

Does anyone know what the final say is on lead laws in regards to the sale of homemade products (Such as one might find at a consignment shop for sale by a stay at home mom)?

If I wanted to make say, booties, and sell them, what would I have to do besides find a place to sell them?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 10:48 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Question - how is lead related to booties? Anyways, check with your state's environmental regulations, there may be something there.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• lead is used in some dyes, so children's products made out of colored fabrics may contain some lead. I think I'm all set though, the research I've done indicates that homemade products are ok as long as there's no reason to believe there is lead in them. I think the fabrics I've picked are good.
    BisketLiss

Comment by BisketLiss (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011