How will you live with yourself?

If you don't have turkey for thanksgiving?

Fiveofakind2

Asked by Fiveofakind2 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• With a turkey-free colon. : )
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 3:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have no guilt over it ... I hate turkey and all the traditional turkey-day foods. Yuk.
    Anonymous

• Hahaha...
    At first I was like "Oh my GOD not another haterade post". But then I saw who the author was and I breathed a sigh of relief :D

I don't think I could live with myself. I'm very much looking forward to being able to gorge on that day guilt-free since I'm pregnant. People will be shoving more food in my face than I can handle muahaha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I wouldn't. If midnight fell and I hadn't eaten any turkey, I would no doubt fall over dead.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have been a vegetarian for 12 years and have never missed it. I actually get asked that question alot. I usually just laugh, I am still kicken cant you tell lol.
    I not longer eat all the rest of the traditional foods on turkey day either, I had morning sickness for one and had the stomach flu for another. Puking it all up twice just got to me the thought cant get out of my head.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 3:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• We'll be on the road all day so we'll have whatever we can get at a truckstop. I imagine they will serve turkey but it won't be the same.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• We are doing the Tukey-Trot all over the tri-state area with at least 4 turkey dinners and a Terrific (said sarcastically) Tofu- T-day (my hippie mother).. So, I am sure to get my turkey fill before we get to my mom's and pray she makes something that resembles pumkin pie that we can digest with a smile and make it to Kroger on the way home for a real Pumkin Pie to share in the car on the way home... Gobble Gobble, ::knaw on Tofu:: Gobble Gobble...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• No, I don't think I could.. I also couldn't live with myself if I didn't make every single part of the dinner for my family from scratch! Thanksgiving is a great excuse to have an all out cooking marathon, and a great way to impress family members you don't see very often, and treat them to a beautiful feast. This year, I'm doing a brined turkey, and I am so excited!!! If I were a vegetarian again, however, I would be able to live with myself, and would make a nice vegan roast instead with a mushroom gravey, and other seasonal eats.. this year, no way though, couldn't live with myself if I didn't make a moist, delicious turkey (organic, antibiotic-free, free range, and vegetarian fed, of course).
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• People who don't have turkey for Thanksgiving are un-American!
    Anonymous

• Eh, bite me Anon. up above. I can't stand poultry. It feels disgusting in my mouth. Pass the ham, please.
    Abomnablesnogrl

Answer by Abomnablesnogrl at 4:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2008