What do you remember about the Challenger disaster?

(I wish there were a better category for this - it is not really a FUN topic).

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 11:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I remember it like it was yesterday. I was at school and my class was watching it launch on t.v. When it exploded, nobody said a word.

So sad!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I was folding laundry, watching tv. My son was...well in a walker, so very young. I won't ever forget. That is up there with 9/11 no one will ever forget where they were when that crap went down.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i was home sick that day, from school. on the couch. we only got one channel, ABC out of albequerque, NM. my mom cried. i was scared.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 11:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I remember it well. I was walking the halls - I had a free period and it was right after lunch - in my high school when I noticed that the biology teacher had the tv on. I stopped in the doorway and just stared. It was so unreal.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We were actually watching it in the classroom at school. I live in Houston so we would watch all the lift-offs and landings. After the tragedy my school put a memorial on the front lawn by the school office. My kids went/go to the same school and I am proud to say the memorial is still there. It affected all of us greatly here and those lost are still held in memory.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 11:24 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I had just started my first TV job. I had the CBS Early Show on as I was getting dressed for work, and they suddenly cut in with the special report. I threw my door open and yelled to my landlady to turn on the TV, then finished dressing and dashed to work.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I was in kindergarten and I remember we had talked a lot about it because the teacher was on board.
    Maisy19

Answer by Maisy19 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011