i just broke up with a friend..for the second time..

i guess i was delaying the inevitable, since we've never had anything in common, other than working in the same salon, briefly..and being single at one time. no details, just..ugh..too much drama from her. we're opposite everything and i just didn't want to deal with it anymore.

i don't know how to process this, girls...i feel relieved, but sad, too.
anyone ever do this..thoughts?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 11:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• yup
    I had a radical baptist friend tell my kids in Dec that Santa wasn't real, and they were only supposed to believe in God. She got the boot.
    Just a week or more ago I had a horse buddy tell me my church was lying to me, she is a JW. She got the boot too.
    With women it's hard, we're supposed to be " nice ". And we are never really taught how to end a friendship. It's hard enough to make friends once you're married and have kids keeping you busy and out of a social circle. So I think we feel pressured to keep all women in our lives just in case.
    Well,sometimes people are in our lives for a season and sometimes for a reason. Obviously she has lasted longer than either of the 2. GL, you'll feel better as time passes. Nobody needs silly drama and people that drag you down.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have also. It was a sigh of relief. It has been 5 years. She was married to my husband's friend. They were using us for our summer house down in FLorida and for free cable night for the favorite show. As soon as they made up with their bil who had cable they stopped coming over to watch Sopranos and then we did not hear from them until the week before we left to go on vacation to Florida. They had the audacity to want to come down with us. The last time they just booked tickets and came down and my poor husband had to car pool them to the beach! That friendship came to a quick end when they came back and never thanked my inlaws who owned the place. Users and losers and we dropped them and no I do not miss the one hour rants at the mall while trying to gulp a starbucks coffee. What a waste of friendship....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well just be glad that you got rid of someone who is full of drama and not worth wasting your time on. It does always kinda suck when you lose a friend BUT be glad you found out now before you wasted too much time and energy on her and your friendship.

Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 11:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't feel sad at all. I have kicked many people out of my daughters and my life, family or friend.
    If you don't contribute positively to my life, you aren't allowed in it. I don't deal with drama, or stupidity. Yes, myDD has lost a friend and a cousin, but they had nothong good to teach her at all. She is better off without them in her life, and things are sooo much better and peaceful without them.
    My daughter and I have many many friends and close family that are very involved in her and my life, and she, my SO and i don't miss any of those who didn't make the cut. Life is better without them.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yeah but at the same time i don't feel sad for me but my son cause it's now a cousin he wont see, but he seems fine about so i guess i am too but other then that she is in the same family with me but i'm okay with not seeing her or her even being around it makes it much more peaceful for me and my family... but you trust me it's better to not have the drama then to have it... but it will past i'm sure... it wasn't heartacke for me cause i really don't care for her as person just respected her cause she was in the family. Just stay sivel at work.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I had a friend who I was very close with, admit that she took me for granted, because no matter what, I'd always been there. Unfortunetly it was very one sided, so I cut ties to her, 3 times. The first 2 times I took her back because I was caught up in the past and the fun we had when we first became friends. The last time I decided I was done for good. She sent a friend request on myspace and then on fb and I accepted, but I'm very distant w/ her. A post that she put on my other friends fb wall confirmed that she hasn't changed a bit, (she's always had to have attention, whether it's neg. or pos.) so I'm truly glad that I didn't get sucked in again!! I've got enough drama in my life w/out feeling like I have to be a support system for a grown woman who truly just needs to grow up. I'm sure I sound cold, but hey 3 strikes and you're out. The bad outweighed the good. I try to focus on the future and not dwell on the past.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would feel bad too, this should help both of you move on to better relationships with other people.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 12:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It is hard when it happens, but sometimes you have to do it.

My best friend has always said that if after you spend time with someone, you leave them feeling drained & anxious instead of renewed and relaxed, that person is not a friend and you need to get them out of your life.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Just in the last few days actually...I am always there to listen to her complain cry take care of her kids do this or that and when I needed a friend she chose not to be there and then a few days later called to say thatshe was going to have surgery and could I take care of her dog at MY house ( mind you we JUST put our dog down, I have not met her dog and neither have my kids and my youngest is 2, she lives with her parenta and 3 kids ages 18, 15 and 8 AND she is having an OUTPATIENT surgery) needless to say I said no! I do have big plans and and extra 2 yr old this weekend anyway! GRRR
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have and it is hard at first but it gets easier.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011