Tax Refunds: who is expecting a refund of more than a couple hundred dollars?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 11:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• We were pleasantly surprised by ours, I think we got more this year than we ever have.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We're getting $3000

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• we are hoping for as much as last year 7800. more would be nice though lol
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 11:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We are f or sure!!!!!! WOOOO-HOOOO!!!!!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You do all realize that you're giving the government an interest-free loan throughout the year and that they're just giving you back your own money that you could've had already?
    ceallaigh

Comment by ceallaigh (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• lole, I saw that coming a mile away :)
    And I totally agree with you.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My hubby hasn't gotten his W-2's yet, hopefully they will be in today. If we get around the same amount as last year, about 7000.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes, but what choice do you have? We set our W4s up so that they hold out more, it's better than paying in, then you feel like you're getting robbed blind.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We are, but not because we didn't hold out enough - we did some major improvements to our house in terms of energy efficiency and are getting a tax refund for them.

Answer by missanc at 11:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Not paying in as much every payday is not even close to getting a few thousand back at the beginning of the year. It's a lot easier to do major repairs for instance like we're about to do. I've heard people who think they know everthing go on and on about saving money throughout the year. Not easy when one spouse is in school and the other works and you have a family to take care of and a mortgage and bills. To be honest, I'd rather pay in more just to be sure I don't owe at tax time. We listened once to "advice" about not having so much withheld out of my DH's check. We aren't doing that again.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011