What's your favorite remedy for diaper rash?

My daughter has a bad diaper rash. I've tried every cream, including prescription cream. I've let her go w/o a diaper and have been gently wiping her with a warm wash cloth. Nothing is working, because every time it starts to get better, she poops again and it gets all red again.

sugaree

Asked by sugaree at 11:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Baking soda bath and anti fungal foot cream.
    Momoftwinkies

Answer by Momoftwinkies at 11:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have always used A&D ointment
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i'm with hootie, a & d ointment clears it up fast, my ds only gets it if he has a "squishy" poop
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I mix equal parts desitin, lotramin, and cortizone. It's what the pharmacist recommended after a round of antibiotics gave my daughter a nasty, nasty rash (and didn't touch her ear infection). We were more concerned about her ear infections at the doctor's visit, and forgot to ask him what to do for the rash. So, when we picked up the new antibiotics, we asked the pharmacist. I swear, the stuff is like magic. Her bottom looked infinitely better the next day and was completely healed within 2-3 days.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Corn starch. There is a powder by Johnson & Johnson with corn starch in it if you can't find regular corn starch. Dd would have horrible diaper rash so bad it bled because dh was an idiot while I was at work. That's another story for another day. I found out that corn starch worked the best to clear up her very bad diaper rash.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thanks, eviesmommy. That's what we're dealing with. She had an ear infeciton and then the meds gave her an awful rash. It's so bad that it's like blisters and bleeding sometimes. And as soon as I get it cleared up, she poops again, and it's so acidic it's just eating away at her skin. I have to check her like every half hour. It's so awful to see her like this. :(
    sugaree

Comment by sugaree (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Letting her run w/o diaper and baby powder works for my daughter.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• we use prescribtion butt cream, both boys get diaper rashes with blisters so ped prescribed it.
    2ndiapers

Answer by 2ndiapers at 1:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We give him a warm bath and put Vaseline on his bottom. We also use Desitin and warm wash cloths. Wipes will make it sting and hurt worse.
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 2:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• pure coconut oil
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2011