Has anyone ever used a compact/portable washer and dryer?

I am moving this weekend into a new apartment with my partner. We are expecting our first in May. We kind of need a washer and dryer at our disposal and I found these portable/compact ones on Amazon that would fit in our apartment and look easy to hook up.

I'm just trying to avoid paying $3+ per load at the coin op.

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 11:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• ~*Nope*~ but always wanted one because they seem CUTE... I know Sears sells them where you hook into a normal outlet and hook it up to the sink... seems like it would be cool in a dorm type setting like those cute little fridges
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My grammy has a set in her RV. They work really well, but they don't hold many clothes.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I used one in college a couple of times because my suite-mate had one. It held about 3 pairs of pants or 5 or 6 shirts. It worked acceptably. You just have to make good and darn sure that you don't over-soap.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Agree with Scuba... My parents have them in their RV and they work great, but you can't wash too many clothes in one load.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thanks! I'm not too worried about doing huge loads of laundry just so long as I have the ability to keep up with it. If we have to go to the laundry mat or take our loads down to the basement to use the coin op we maybe do laundry once a week- then it just piles up and is a mess. But if I can do small loads once every other day or something it would really help me keep organized and keep our room clear of stray clothes. And with a baby on the way too!
    meandrphoto

Comment by meandrphoto (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2011