For Married women:

How did he propose? OR How did you propose? What is your story?

With us, he "pre-proposed" before he proposed (he's still cautious to this day).....One day when we were dating, he asked me if sometime in the future he were to ask me to marry him, would I say yes, and I said, "Probably"....He formally proposed about 3 months later...which is an interesting story for another time!

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• He came over to my house after spending the day in the mountains with his sister, who was visiting from Israel. He said "do I need a ring to ask you to marry me?" It took a bit for it to really sink in. I basically said that all I needed was him. Then he asked. I knew it would be coming eventually, but not as soon as it did. We had only been together for 4 months, though we had looked at some rings already. That was 18 yrs ago. Our 17th wedding anniversary is in July.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• he handed me the ring and said "here" lol i said "uh do the one knee thing"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• He had me go pick us up dinner, when I came back, he had the whole apartment lit up with candles and he was in my favorite suit of his and he got down on one knee... it was amazing.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My proposal story

I was in the kitchen making dinner. My son walks in with a gold wrapped box and says "Mom, a present for you". I realize that it is the size of a jewlers box and I looked at my sweetie. He said 'open it' I did and it was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. I just looked at my man and he smiled and said "So, will you marry me?" I started crying and i ran to him and jumped on him crying. After a few minutes he said "Are you ever going to answer the question?".
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• it wasnt anything big he just got a ring and asked me lol but it was big for me bc I loved and still do love him so much :)
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• it was valentine's day of 09.. i had already given him his present (which was a pair of crocs.. real romantic!) and he said id be getting mine later. we took the kids and went to Savannah (we lived about an hour from there at the time) for the day. i sensed it was coming.. you know how us women have that intuiton. i was so nervous all day with that nauseating feeling, anticipating the moment. we walked inside this elaborate, gigantic Catholic church (which he later said he was going to do it in there, but it was too echo-ey) and then right outside of it was a fountain that we both sat on. he asked me at the fountain. i think that particular fountain is forever engraved in my memory!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• sorry this my be TMI we did the do and then he sat on top of me and put a blind fold on me and I was thinking ok do i need to run what is he doing and he told me to pull the blind fold off and he asked with ring in hand I laugh to this day when people ask how did he propose and im like u realy want to no lol it was sweet though I wouldn't change a thing
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 11:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• In bed, he asked me how soon he could ask me to marry him & I told him whenever he was 100% sure because I wasn't ever getting another divorce. He grinned & asked "Will you marry me?".
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• He had this big plan to go to Mackinac Island for the weekend and ask me there, but ended up forgetting the ring. So when we got home, he had me get the ring box out of the desk drawer. He asked if I knew what was in there. I said "Yes, the ring you bought when you were going to marry Cheryl." He says "It's yours if you want it." Of course I took it. I don't care that it wasn't bought for me originally. What matters is I got it and a great husband!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2011