feeling really down

My bf is so stressed with his job. (hes putting a 2 week notice in) He takes it out on me. He says he doesnt mean to nor does he realize he is. I just get so down because I want to be there for him. But nothing I do matters. I am about to call it quits with him.

How can you be there for someone that is always negative? i do so much for him but it feels like I dont count :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• you need to sit down and talk it out, mine used to do this to me,, bring his work issues home, it is nice to try and be there for them,,,, but some times it gets too much
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:31 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Some times life isn't all roses if he is not always like this then give him a break and try and help him through this.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It's nice to be there for him, but not at the expense of yourself....Even when he's stressed, he has no right to take it out on you, and if he doesn't change that, it would be very appropriate for you to distance yourself from him.....Why is he quitting his job? Does he have another job waiting for him?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• ~*Back Off*~... give them the space needed to deal with it and simply let them know you are there when they are ready?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Sit down with him and talk to him about the pros and cons if he leaves his current job. It may not be the job itself, it could be some other issue.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 1:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011