My 2 yr old has been having bad breath for the past 2 days...

My little 2 yr old has a cold and absolutely lost his appetite.He had a bit of diarreah and vomitted after coughing alot. His breath has been smelling like ketchup or tomato paste for the past few days. Even his poop has that stint. This is driving me nuts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's the bacteria from him being sick.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Keep him hydrated! Give him gatorade or pedialyte!! That is what doctors say to give them.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Ummmm WOW to the person above! Seriously?? That's a little uncalled for!

I suggest if it's something that you are really worried about, take him to the doctor. If you are brushing his teeth 2 times a day and he still is having problems, it's just better to be safe then sorry! ;o)

Good Luck and praying everything is ok!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Talking about hello314
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Its from him being sick. Brush his teeth twice a day - I bet once he's feeling better he will be back to himself.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• my DS had cryptic tonsils when he was younger. his tonsils were literally dying in the back of his throat! we ha dto have them taken out, but he had a lot of tummy issues because of all the bacteria he was injesting.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 11:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Bad breath can be an indicator for an illness. Call the ped's office and ask questions. They might want to see him. They might just say keep him hydrated and call back if it does get better in a few days.

My youngest had what I called dragon breath last year (even after brushing,) but everything else seemed fine. I figured I'd ask the doctor eventually. Well he had a seizure (days before his epilepsy was diagnosed) and it turns out that the dragon breath was a symptom of strep.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• try brushing his teeth for the smell in his mouth and his tounge too... for his poop i can only say take him to the doc or give him lots of water.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would take him to the doctor - bad breath can be a sign of a sinus infection.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 27, 2011