Some posted about giving Gingsen to her 7 y old....need advice!

Hi, i remember reading someones answer about an over active or not focused little girl. The mom said she gave her gingsen and it actually worked (took 3 days for it to get into her system:) Pllllzzzz if you are out there or if anyone has tried it, i want to try it for my 7 y old son. DESPERATE FOR ANSWERS!!!!!

Actress-mom81

Asked by Actress-mom81 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ginsen violet? I used that on my kids when they both had thrush on the insides of thier mouths. It stained it purple for like a week but killed the thrush and made their moths stop hurting. The stuff works.
    bus_driver_mom

Answer by bus_driver_mom at 2:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would find a holistic/herbal doctor in your area before giving your child herbs. They are like any other prescription medication. As you have no idea of what is a safe level to give her or what over the counter meds interact with herbals. I personally would not give my child any kind of drugs without knowledgable advice from someone who know's the amounts the reactions etc.

Herbs can be just as helpful and just as deadly as prescription medication.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• He is seven i am sure having tons of energy is normal, and being focused is hard for a lot of kids.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Maybe just try some other methods first? kids are active and it is hard for them to focus, this is normal. If you need her to sit and focus on school work or something it might help to give her a stress ball or even play do to mush around in her left hand while her right hand is doing the writing. Things like that help giving her a way to keep part of her body moving and something to just touch and feel might help her focus. If she is just playing with it and not doing the work just tell her you will take it away if it is not helping her do her work and that will usually work. And then let her have breaks where she can run around the house and go crazy every once in awhile!! She probably doesnt need meds!! (however, she might!! I dont even know her and Im not a doc, just a teacher and these things work sometimes, but in some cases the child needs more!)
    EllianasMama

Answer by EllianasMama at 1:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• This is not really an answer, I have a 7 year old with the same problem and would appreciate it if you would let me know if you get any informations on it.
    We had tried the "Feingold diet" but it's hard because he eats school lunch. We have a limited income so he qualifies for free lunch. It worked some what though.
    MelissaCarole

Answer by MelissaCarole at 7:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have a very active little guy & he is 7 as well. Last year, Kinder was a nightmare.....the teachers were bullies (one was put on a leave of absence the year before for manhandling a child) & he couldn't sit still. 1st grade he has an awesome teacher but she noticed behavior things (my son was very compulsive & would act before he thought) & would let me know. Another parent from his classroom told me about Attention. Go to nextstepnutrition.com & click on Attention. This stuff is SO worth the money! His teacher has seen a HUGE difference & the atmosphere in the classroom is MUCH better! She recommends it to lots of parents now! It's all natural, sugar, dye, lactose, gluten free. I buy it where I live in a local healthfood store. Money well spent in my husband & my eyes! He is a happier child!
    Bunnee

Answer by Bunnee at 3:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have been using fish oil with my 7 yr old. She is 9 now. It helped to calm her brain so she could soak up info at school.
    michelle6890

Answer by michelle6890 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2011