What percentage of your friends on Facebook are ACTUAL friends?

For me, it is probably about 75%. I am fairly selective about who I add to my friends list. The other 25% are relatives or friends of DH.

Groovyflor1

Asked by Groovyflor1 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Probably about the same, 75%. The others are family and women who I met during my last pregnancy that I became really close with.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• 95%, I have a few that I have "friended" because of our band, but most are my actual friends.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• All...since I am hardly on FB and only have a few friends its mostly family scattered all over the country.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 11:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• A few of mine are actual friends, some are ladies I know from CM and the rest is family.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• 100%. I don't have anyone on there whom I don't like/wouldn't speak to/would rather NOT speak to in real life...including family. I feel so great since I weeded out that friends list.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well I have two profiles. One is personal, I have real life friends, band members, musicians(i know them all), and family all over the state. This is where I post pics of my kids, and vacations, etc.

I have a second profile which is for business, I add anyone and everyone, they add me as well. I use it to make appointments, they referr people to me and they can look at my work if they want. I post deals on there too. So some are my friends, but there are 250 that I either haven't met yet or are just online friends.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't know the actual percentage, but I've met most of them at one time or another....I kind of like having a large list of people and don't need it to be just people I know well....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• 95% I take classes online and I have some of my "classmates" as friends.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• About 90% are family and friends that I actually do see. The others are a few old classmates that I haven't see in years, but we all talk on a daily basis on our FB pages.... I have removed family and friends that have said things that were out of line, or I just don't communicate with. I love how some people have 300+ people on their page, and you never see them talk to anyone.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Since I only keep FB for the religous stuff, and few groups of interest... I don't see the need to connect to those I know in Life, those worth keeping in that kind of touch with are face to face... I know only a couple people on FB in real life? And that is only because they aren't in my state... even extended family isn't in the tight loop of virtual friends.

I don't see the point of allowing those that are supposed to be that close to me by pathetically posting my life? I no more care about a second cousin's kid's tackle on his peewee team than they care about us going to the Monster Trucks recently? I like my husband think it is arrogant to think people honestly "care" to that point to read us like day time TV???? Hahahaha Probably why I am so honest on CM, you all care less as well...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2011