What does it mean when you have ringing in your ears all the time?

Is it a brain tumor or what?

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 11:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Health

• You have tinitis...hard to treat but there is a supplement that helps called levoflavinoids or something like that. I am a pharm tech and we used to sell alot of that for tinitis. Good luck!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 11:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• A brain tumor would be worst case scenario....don't go there, you will just make yourself crazy with worry.....Most of the time it is something much simpler....I'd go to the doctor and have it checked out.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• sometimes it is a sign of hearing loss. My son has hearing loss (40% one side, 60% the other side) and the doc explained to us that the ringing noise is the brain's way of making up for what he isn't hearing. My son apparently has had it his whole life and he says he's used to it.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You could have an infection in your ear or ears. You need to go to your family doctor to examine you.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I very rarely have this problem. I'm not sure why ears do that. If I had it often I would get it checked out.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 6:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011